Chewy Gluten-Free Superfood Granola Bars
Windy City Organics
These granola bars are ridiculously tasty and come together so easily. They also end up with that perfect granola bar texture combination of crunchy and chewy thanks to a winning combo of clean, nutrient-rich, plant based ingredients including sprouted puffed rice, dried superfood berries, hemp, chia and pumpkin seeds, Dastony's Stone Ground Almond and Coconut Butters, and Modern Oats' 5 Berry and Goji Blueberry oatmeals. Make a batch for your next camping trip, or simply to keep yourself fueled up during the week. These bars hold their shape really well once they set in the fridge, making them the perfect travel companion, whether you toss them in a purse on your way to work or your backpack before hitting the trail.
1 container 5 Berry Modern Oats
1 container Goji Blueberry Modern Oats
3/4 cup sprouted puffed rice cereal (you can also used puffed quinoa or millet)
1 Tbs hemp seeds
1 Tbs raw pumpkin seeds
2 Tbs dried cranberries
2 Tbs goji berries
2 Tbs raisins
1.5 tsp chia seeds
1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1/3 cup Dastony Stone Ground Coconut Butter, gently melted to liquid
1/3 cup Dastony Stone Ground Almond or Sprouted Almond Butter
1/4 cup raw organic honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
3. Place coconut butter in a medium sized heat-safe bowl. Place this bowl in a large bowl or pot filled with hot water to gently melt the coconut butter into liquid. Add in your stone ground almond butter, honey, and vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Pour wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and using clean, dry hands, mix thoroughly.
5. Pour mix into an oiled baking pan and pack down evenly. Bake at 300 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until the edges start to brown slightly.
6. Let cool thoroughly, then cover and let set in the fridge for an additional hour before slicing for best results.
**This recipe can also be turned into granola! Simply take your mix and, instead of pressing into a baking pan, crumble it on a baking sheet and proceed to bake in the oven.